Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What to do with leftover Bento food cut outs?

"What do you do with the leftovers from the bento meals after you have packed your kids those bento box food?" Jacss asked me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always have loads of leftover cut outs carrots, cut out bread, cut out ham from packing the bento meals.

I told Jacss I scooped them all into a ramekin bowl, beat up and egg, pour over it and bake it. Jacss asked me to blog about it so that she has an idea.

So here it is.

Photobucket

Scred up all the leftover cut out bread, cheese and vegetables.

Photobucket

Pour some milk in a jug and crack an egg into it. Be minded not to add too much milk cos you don't want a soggy bread pudding. Just a little below the top will do.

Photobucket

Pour over the leftovers and leave for about 15 minutes for the bread to soak it up. I normally just chuck it into the oven right away, though.

Photobucket

Bake for about 25 minutes or so. And you have your bread pudding.

Squeeze it to fit into a bento box

Photobucket

Add some vegetables and you have your own bento meal set for the day.

Photobucket

Hope that helps those who have lots of leftovers like we do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank kiu so much dearie for d mentioned all over....hehehe

u know what...now that even without any leftover, u made me wana try d bread puding! i'll soon go make some leftover out....

thanks for d thought again!!

sting said...

oh I have always wonder what to do with all those left overs.. now I know :-) thx

Emily said...

Hey this is a great bento in itself! Great tip!

Anonymous said...

I always love bread pudding even when I had buffet in the restaurant but never really try baking my own. It looks easy from the way you make it.

Mandy said...

what a great idea!! We always have left over trimmings, etc., and this makes a great lunch! Thanks for sharing.:)

Family First said...

Oh great idea!

MiChi said...

Ya, great idea....

sure will try it!

thanks!

belajar wordpress said...

Nice meal and look great idea.